Thursday, October 6, 2011

Windows' cmd is disgusting

After many years working under Linux, and less than a month having a Mac as personal computer I've found myself in a Symfony2 training, using the Windows' cmd program. During the final part of the training we were learning MongoDB, a non-relational database. To follow the examples we needed to make many copy/paste operations, specially with the documents' IDs which in MongoDB are 48-bits keys, shown in 24 hexa characters.

Working with the cmd tool is technically impossible. Copy-paste operations are so hard to do that I decided to simply not follow the examples. I'm sincerely disgusted.

But I'm still happy, I know that once I'm out of this great training I'll be back with my little black-on-white console, either at home or at the office.

BTW, thanks a lot to ManWin who paid the training about Symfony2, and to Hugo Hamon who made a great job during the training. We, programmers, tend to be very prouds and to refuse other people ideas, so training developers is not a simple task, and he made an excellent job with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment